HortUpdate - October 2013
Upcoming Events - September & October 2013
- Pecan Grafting 12:00 pm May 8th - Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Office - Brown County
If you have an interest in improving your skills at pruning fruit trees, grafting pecan trees, controlling vegetable diseases or building a keyhole garden, then be sure to pencil this seminar series…
- How to Build a Home Drip Irrigation System - 10:00 am May 9th - Texas AgriLife Extension Service Office - Travis County
Can you conserve water and still keep your plants happy? Yes! Drip irrigation slowly distributes water and reduces evaporation and run-off, allowing your soil to absorb the maximum amount of water.…
- Second Blanc Du Bois Symposium - 8:30 am May 10th - Cat Spring Agricultural Society Hall
Topics will include presentations, information on vineyard management, research updates and insights into wine-making techniques using Blanc Du Bois grapes grown in regions throughout the…
- Backyard Basics Open House - 9:00 am May 11th - Texas AgriLife Extension Service Office - Travis County
Backyard Basics is a free, family-friendly, gardening topic open house event! Hands on kids’ activities are available the entire time. Stroll the garden and ask questions. Experts available for…
- DCMGA Spring Garden Tour 9:00 am May 11th Denton and Surrounding Area
Come out and spend the day in beautiful Denton County gardens. Learn about a variety of gardening topics from educational opportunities at the gardens. Master Gardeners will be on-site at every…
- TFPA Annual Conference 8:00 am May 15th Omni Hotel
The Texas Food Processors Association (TFPA) holds an annual conference and scholarship auction during the spring season. All processors, associate and affiliate members are encouraged to attend.…
- Luling Foundation Field Day 7:30 am May 16th Luling Foundation Demonstration Barn
The field day is free and open to those involved in agriculture and agribusiness, said event coordinators. Event agriculture education activities include tours, speakers, demonstrations and exhibits.
- Backyard Basics: How to Build a Raised-Bed Garden 6:30 pm May 21st Texas AgriLife Extension Service Office - Bexar County
Techniques for building a raised-bed garden to produce successful plants and vegetables in difficult locations.
- Master Gardener Specialist Training Conclave May 28th Horticulture/Forest Science Building (HFSB)
The MG Specialist Conclave is an opportunity for certified master gardeners to gain specialist training in one or more subject areas in a conference setting. Three specialist courses will be taught…
- Backyard Basics: Pressure-Canner Canning - 2:00 pm May 30th - Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Office - Comal County
Techniques for preserving foods using a pressure canner.
Return to HortUpdate Index